SATURDAY 20 May (10 am - 3 pm) Bring your friends and family and discover your local Buddhist community. Highlights of the day include: public talk with the Tibetan Lama (11am); guided tours, free Buddhist books; mindfulness meditations; family activities and prayer flag making; question & answer session (2pm) and blessings with holy Buddhist relics. Our famous spicy chai tea will be served free all day.
Entry is free. No need to book, just come along. There will be guided tours throughout the day, so when you arrive put your name down for the time-slot that best suits you.
- 10.30 am Guided Tour
- 11 am Public Talk with the Tibetan Lama
- 1 pm Guided Tour
- 1.30 pm Guided Tour
- 2 pm Q&A with the Buddhist nuns
Tashi Delek – see you there!
Access: Wheelchair accessible and disability friendly, great public transport, street parking only
10 am Guided Tour: tour, guided meditation, chai tea & cheesecake.
11 am Public Talk: with the Tibetan Lama, Geshe Tsultrim.
12 pm Buddhist Blessings: with the Buddha Relic, bathing the Buddha, sutra writing.
1 pm Guided Tour: tour, guided meditation, chai tea & cheesecake.
2 pm Q&A Panel: Everything you wanted to know about Tibetan Buddhism but were afraid to ask! (with the western nuns).
* Guided tours and Q&As with western volunteers throughout the meditation hall and centre including massive ornate altar, life-size golden Buddha, and one of Brisbane’s best Buddhist reference libraries, and choose to join in a short meditation
* Experience Buddhist ritual activities: ‘Bathing the Buddha’, learn to use a singing bowl, try your hand at sutra writing
* Ancient wisdom for a modern world – Tibetan teacher Geshe Tsultrim from Chenrezig Institute (with translator) will offer a short talk about Buddhism
* Receive blessings from western Buddhist nuns and monks
* Add your own requests to the community dedications book on behalf of your family, loved ones who are sick, world issues
* Shop selling books, Buddhist items such as prayer flags, CDs
* Free books, giveaways and lucky door prizes throughout the day
* Kids activities include making prayer flags and a chill-out zone during the public talk where parents can listen to the audio
* Q&A Panel with the western nuns - Everything you wanted to know about Tibetan Buddhism but were afraid to ask!
Contacts and information: call Miffi on (07) 3398 3310 or email